Hey ya’ll! Oh, I have missed writing to you. It really has been awhile but it is time. Now before we go even further into this today I want to sit back and say thank you for your prayer support. We have felt your prayers as the Lord has been working in our family and resetting our mindsets. He has been teaching us more and more how to fix our gazes on him as we walk forward on this narrow path. We’ve had a lot of questions that the Lord has not answered directly. Actually let me rephrase that. The Lord has not answered our questions in ways that we have desired.
Here have been some of our questions…
Us: Lord, why are we back in the United States?
Lord: Let me lead you.
Us: Lord, why do we have to go back to working a job when our hearts are so set on ministering out in the marketplace(on the streets) full-time and doing it as a family?
Lord: I have a new assignment for you here and wherever I place you, you are to evangelize, disciple, feed the poor, widow, and orphan, and heal the sick.
Us: Lord, why did you turn our world upside down and our way of living to simply bring us back to the US?
Lord: Trust me. Be my anchors (those who will be found faithful, rooted and grounded in me even when the winds and the seas rage). That is who you both are.
Us: Lord, how are we going to be able to afford to move into a place and buy everything from forks to beds without money? Why did you have us give everything away if we would eventually need it when we came back?
Lord: Rest in my finished work and remember my past faithfulness. And Angelina(this one was for me), my beloved bride, it is not always going to come in a way or time frame that suits you because I know what is best.
So, now you know what has been going on since the last blog/facebook update and what the Lord has been teaching us. And, we are good with it. We trust him and have decided to lay it down at the foot of the cross because let’s all be honest here (fellow brothers and sisters in the faith) we were called to deny ourselves, carry our cross, and follow him. We were not called to get on there with him and bear the weight of it. We simply couldn’t carry that load.
Now for the more practical updates that we have been asked about….
- We may have a job offer in Raleigh, NC coming soon once Chris passes a CDL class to drive a school bus(he already made it passed the driving and criminal record check).
- The job would be starting it appears to be in October.
- We really want to do a home church or hold some sort of bible study in our new place and go out and partner with people to do what we are called to – feed the orphan, widow, and poor AND share the gospel.
- My parents have been gracious in hosting us in their home in NC. We are so grateful!
- We are and forever will be of the persuasion that we are open to moving wherever the Lord call us for whatever reason. Praying that will include more missions stuff outside of the US even if only for short term projects.
So those are our updates. Please feel free to comment below with any other questions you want to ask that I have not answered or even on the facebook page and I will get to them asap. If you do not have our facebook link I have included it below.
Until next time friends and family in the faith we love you and pray in Jesus name that each person that reads this blog or facebook posts walks away knowing Jesus more.
“And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.” John 17:3